Monday, March 10, 2008

Monster Jam...Thunder Nationals

This past weekend Doug, Blase and I went to Grand Rapids for the weekend. We stayed at the Courtyard Downtown thanks to Doug's cousin Nate, who totally hooked us up! We had tickets to Monster Jam Thunder Nationals and it was a lot of fun. Doug's cousin Dean and His wife Sarah met us there with their 4 children. We went swimming, to the mall, to a pit party to see all the monster trucks and meet the drivers. It was neat. My computer keeps freezing up and then I have to start over so that is why there are so many pictures......I have to get while the gettin's good. Blase loved swimming and Doug kept throwing him. One of the pictures looked like he was walking on water! At the end of Monster Jam, Tom Ments the driver of Maximum Destruction came up in the stands and was shaking every ones hands....Blase missed this part because he had fallen asleep during the donut competition. I was just thrilled to see the dude we see on t.v. all the time 2 feet in front of me. The highlight of course for Blase was Grave Digger and when we come to Va Beach we get to see Dennis Anderson's home...which will be so cool. Dennis Anderson is the driver of Grave Digger..nice name huh? His house is in Kill Devil Hills. This weekend made me realize I can kiss frilly vacations goodbye at least for 18 years anyway and enjoy the excitement of dirt bikes, sports and monster trucks! We had the best time and look forward to doing it again. Thank you Momma for watching Harrison and taking such good care of him. Thank you Pa Pa Jon for being so wonderful..we love you both so much. Now I am in the midst of laundry, motherhood and getting ready for a much needed trip home! I love you all and cannot wait to be with you.