
Friday, June 20, 2008
Enjoy each day!
Life goes by so fast. Seasons change. Enjoying each season of life you are in, is the challenge. Yesterday some friends came over to pick up furniture, the husband is suffering from cancer. They spoke of driving to his next chemo treatment with his children ages 6 and 1 because it would be during the 4th of July and they were going to go to an amusement park and watch fireworks. He said, "We might as well make the best of it!" My immediate thought was joyful suffering He is living each day like it is his last! He spoke of still being able to work and I know I can't have the grace for this situation, but Iwondered..... would I be like that? There are times now I wish I could rush away. There are situations now that I don't want to be in, and I know I am not joyful about them. As I am raising my boys, I am constantly reminded to enjoy each day. Trusting in God with the season you are in now, and enjoying each precious breath and every new day is the key. We need to let our kids be kids. Keep their innocence for as long as you can. Let them dance in the rain, make mud pies, have ants in a a soda bottle for a pet ........even when you are so grossed out. Stop cleaning.....how important is the floor if you are not sticking to it. Pray for patience, be slow to anger. Life on earth is short.......eternity is forever. Thanks Nicole for the song idea.... I love our chats and being able to encourage one another to not miss this!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















2 comments:
Oh Jes,
Thank you so much for that reminder of simple things in life, and are we living each day, as our last!
As i have been contemplating this visit to alpena, i know it would mean so much to Janice and their family.
I love all your pics as well and thanks for getting me and Dave in there..
Not the Greatest pic, but sure a memoriable time!
Love you Jess
Hey, Jess- Great words and great message! It is so hard sometimes to remember to love every moment! Also, you never know whose life you are going to touch, even through the simplest action. Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement! Love you!
Post a Comment