Yesterday we made sugar cookies. It was so much fun! I think we made close to 50 cookies. Blase was a diligent helper. He loves rolling out the dough and choosing the cookie cutter shapes...even hand making his own. What I mean by that is while the Christmas music is playing, and we are pumping out trees, candy canes etc...Blase is saying,"Mom, can I make mars? How about just one
Saturn, a snake?" He is too much. It kept us busy for about two hours, which was good because he got in trouble at church. He didn't have class yesterday and had had to stay in the service....need I say more? I truly thought it would be fine because we watched part of Charlie Brown's Christmas....not so much. He kept asking and not in a whisper,"WHEN CAN I GO TO CLASS?" Doug handled it, and although things like that happen all the time, I was humbled. I guess it didn't matter that my boys had on matching outfits, which never happens because I am the queen of hand me downs. I also fixed their hair! It didn't matter that Doug had on this great pair of new shoes and I really liked my hair and make up. God is continually bringing me back to grace and my need for him. OK, I will get on with the story. Last night Blase and I made frosting and began the decorating process. After dropping a knife and washing his sticky hands Blase began to skip every where he went. Now if you know Blase you will know his skipping is less than graceful...God love him. He goes way to fast and trips and slips and slides crashes into things etc... So now I am getting a little impatient and ask him, "Blase, are you excited about something?"
"Yes....I am so excited about Christmas! I just love this time of year!"
That little phrase instantly made me smile. So to wrap this up, my point is that there is nothing like being a parent and experiencing things through a child. Here I was getting being sinful and getting angry and Blase was having a great time with me. I am so thankful for Christmas, for the birth of a Savior. God blessed me with children to help sanctify me! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.
2 comments:
The cookies look yummy sis! I hope you made some mom's house. Sugar cookies are my favorite! :) Only two more days! I am so excited!! Tell Blazer I love him and Aunt Lish can't wait to see his smiling face! Lots of hugs and kisses!
A sweet post Jess. Enjoy every minute of those little ones..it goes by sooo fast. Your cookies look great! Have a great time with all your family.
Much love to you.
A.Jen
Post a Comment