Tuesday, July 15, 2008

In loving memory of Jeanne Francis Dowling on her Birthday!

Today Grandma Dowling would have been 86 years old. I would like to honor her today, on her birthday because of the wonderful women, wife, and mother she was. I have always wished I would have had the chance to have known her. To ask her questions, tell her I love her, thank her for the best Aunts and mother...uncles too anyone could ever have! I have always wanted to touch her hands because my mom says that her hands are just like Grandma's were...always chapped and cracking. When I was little I did love going to the cemetery. It was a place where I could imagine Grandma and her life. I would observe my mom and her sisters as they would cry, and say we love you mom. My Grandma Tacia would take me there too, on bikes...yes bikes! She was always thoughtful enough to take me to visit Grandma Jeanne when I came to her house. I remember at night journaling about Grandma. Grandma Tacia always had me journal and it is something I have done for a long time.
This month we got to hear many stories and memories. All 5 sister were together and Uncle Tom came to visit too. I love to hear his stories because he had 20 years with Grandma! Alicia's favorite story from our mom is hearing about how the kids would sleep with their shoes on and hide Grandma's purse so she could not go anywhere without them! How sweet and funny is that! I love to hear about how Grandma and Grandpa would dance and light up a room. Aunt cath read a letter from Grandma to Grandpa from a week maybe before she died and it was precious and gave insight into who Grandma was, her love for god, her children, and husband!
Most of you know the story, but for those of you who don't ....here it is. The newspaper clipping reads something like....An intended happy reunion turns tragic when Jeanne Francis Do ling mother of 9 was tragically killed by the propeller of an airplane, at the Chicago O'Hare Airport.She was 45 years old, born in South Sioux City Nebraska July 15T,h 1922, and died on June 24Th 1968. Her children ranged in ages from 5-20.
Thank you Grandma for the Godly life you led, for the time you did have with your children, the way you prepared them to raise each other and their own children. Thank you God for your favor on all 9 of the children. Thank you for opening their hearts to the gospel. Grandma, Happy Birthday and I can't wait to celebrate with you in eternity.



5 comments:

Care said...

Hey Jess, That was absolutley beautiful!!!! Bless you Jess, you are so thoughtful, and loving!! I love ya!!
Care

Anonymous said...

sis what a beautiful and touching post! God has blessed you with so many talents! One of which is your writing! I love you so much!
Happy birthday Grandma Jeanne! I can't wait to meet you in heaven someday! I love the stories my mom has told me about you. You are very precious to your children. And even to all your grandchildren that have never met you. I look so forward to the day that we can finally meet. Happy Birthday!

Sara said...

That was very sweet Jess. Miss you-Sara

The Smith Family said...

Great job keepin the memory of Grandma Jeanne alive Jess. Thanks for doing that! Love you sweetheart. Hope you are having a good week. Talk to you soon.
A.Jen

Kate Van said...

AWW! Great post Jessica! Clay read it too and said 'she's pretty'! I think your mom looks alot like her. Miss you and enjoy looking at pic of you and you're fam!
Blessings!