Sunday, October 21, 2007

Family Fun!
















Finally a nice enough day to get outside! There won't be many more of these. Today was a beautiful day so we went for a nature walk and snapped some family photos. Our first one with the four of us. I hope they aren't too blurry! We have been inside a lot this week due to rain and I have been fighting sinus stuff. Today I actually don't have a sore throat for the first time in a week. We had so much fun on this outing. There are so many pretty spots here. This place is like 3 miles from our house, there are rapids and tons of trails. My friend Michelle and her kids went with us. The boys took their shirts off at the end because it was like 75 degrees. Yesterday was sweetest day and at 8:30 last night Doug gave me a Ipod Nano or is it a Nano Ipod? Either way I was very surprised! I think I cried for twenty minutes. With it he bought me a nike running chip that goes in my shoe and part of it goes in the ipod. It is a program for walking and running. I have been really trying to shed the baby weight and it is so hard, but now I can run listening to music, sermons etc... I think. I still have to open it and find out what it does exactly. See in the morning, we said happy sweetest day to one another and no gifts were exchanged. He called me about ten minutes after he left for work and said,"I love you so much ...Happy sweetest day!" I thought that was the greatest thing in the world because no matter how many times we hear I love you, a gesture so small is very special. I adore Doug and everyday I am provoked by his willingness to always serve me, even when he might not want to. He is my number one. It was a great end to a busy week. Tomorrow Harrison is five months old, where does the time go? Blase is loving school and got his first progress report. He is doing very well for being the youngest in the class. I am so thankful God provided a way for us to send him to school. He is going to the pumpkin patch on Thursday and is very excited about it. Hope everyone had a good weeekend! Love you all.





3 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks for the pics. You all look so good. And the boys are getting so big. Time does fly by. The leaves there are so pretty. It was nice to chat the other day. I am praying for you Jess and trust that God is doing good things in you. Building your faith, trust and dependence. They are from the hand of God and are building character. I love you--come visit SOON!!

Sara

Jane said...

Jess,
Now i see why you did'nt call back!
I sure understand, and what a fun time it looks like you all had.
i'm so glad to hear Blase likes and is, doing good in school..
I still can't figues Harrison's looks out, for a minute He looked like Co-Co...
Loce you jess, and will be praying for you 2day..
A.Jane

Billie said...

I love your posts. I can hear your words as I am reading them. It is neat to see all the things God is continuing to do in your life. I remember the early days in VA. I miss you Jess and I always thank God for the time He gave us to become great friends. love you.