Monday, February 4, 2008

Happy Anniversary Eight Years!




Happy Anniversary Doug. I am so thankful for our marriage and the love we share. It seems as if it were yesterday when we walked down the aisle. My love for you has grown deeper with each passing day and year. Thank you for choosing me! Thank you for leading me and for the love you give. Thank you for being slow to anger and quick to forgive. February 5th, 2000 God blessed me with the most wonderful husband in the world. I was so excited on that day and remember praying with my bridesmaids before the ceremony and just what a peace God gave me. When I walked down the aisle and saw you, I remember just soaking in the smile, and tears on your face. As we held hands during the ceremony and you kept whispering, " I love you," my heart melted. The day was perfect, and when we got Mc Donalds after the reception I knew you were my soul mate! I had to tell everyone that incase you didn't know! Hee Hee! I love how you are sentimental and how we would watch our wedding video on the fifth of each month for the first year! I love that we still watch it on our anniversary every year. I love how I ate most of the top of our wedding cake before our 1 year anniversary....it was GREAT a year later! Our life together has been wonderful and as I sit here crying, laughing, and just enjoying precious, priceless memories, I am thankful to God. He has blessed our marriage and blessed us with two beautiful boys! Thank you for being you and making it so amazing to be your wife. I am encouraged and provoked by you each day. I am in love with you and can't wait to see what the next eight years will hold. Darling husband, thank you for making me your bride, I love you.

10 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Happy Anniversary Jess and Doug!
I miss you so much and hope you can come in March! Lets make a date for the chat over icecream...it is well overdue!
Love you guys,
Mag

Care said...

Happy Anniversary you guys!!! I love what you wrote Jess. You and Doug are the perfect couple together. I hope you have a wonderful anniversary, if I lived there I would come and babysit so you could go out on the town!! Love ya, Care

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversay Jess and Dougie. What a special day to look all around and see the goodness of God in your marriage. Have a great day guys and we are praying for you. PLEASE come visit. We miss you--Sara

mary said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I am so Thankful that the lord has been so wonderful to both of you! I have watched you both grow in the ways of the Lord,And what he is doing in your lives is just amazing!!!! He has Blessed you with two Beautiful boys,And giving you that job of bringing them up in the ways of him.What an Awesome God we serve.I love You both so very much And will always be so thankful that he has given you both that love for each other that continues to grow.( You still can go to McDonalds And always remember that night) Have a Great Anniversary!!!! Mary

Billie said...

I loved what you wrote Jess. Especially the McDonalds part. You always get me laughing with your posts. I wish you lived closer. You're a great wife. Congrats on 8 years. I can't wait to spend some time with you in MI this summer. Are you going to the wedding in March? love you girl!

The Smith Family said...

Happy Anniversary Doogie and Jess. So amazing to think back over the many years of you two being together and the goodness of God in them! I can hardly believe you've been married 8 years already. Your love for each other is beautiful and you really are perfect for each other..McDonald's visits and all..just too cute!!
Look forward to seeing you soon?!
A.Jen

Jane said...

Great post Jess!!!
You and Doug are so perfect for one another!!!
I love you both sooo much, and Thanks for being such a great example!

Jenny Lochinski said...

Happy Anniversary Doug & Jess! I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes and a smile on my face - my kids just don't get it :). You guys are great and I love you both! I heard the song "Blessed" by Martina McBride today, and was thinking how blessed I am. I would fit for your wonderful family, too! God Bless - I hope your day was great! Love you-Jenny

natebauers said...

Happy Anniversary jess girl!! I remember that day!!! It was so fun!
Hope you all are doing well, and hope to see you in March!
-Caleb

jess said...

Caleb,
Thanking you so much for commenting on my blog! I have waited for the day for you or Nate or Rach to comment! When Doug and I watched our video we laughed so hard because it was of your family sledding. It was great! I thought I gave your tape back...obviously not. I am hoping to come to the wedding and if I do let's go bowling. Tell your mom and dad that I love them and Nate and Rach too. You have made my day!