Friday, October 5, 2007

Our week


What a week! Doug and I had our first dinner ALONE since August 2006! A date night which should be done at least once a week, we never do! Well that is all going to change because we had way too much fun. Doug being the gem he is always tries to get me to go out, but for whatever reason we just don't. We went to a little Italian place down the road...food was gross company was great! So not only was it a fantastic time, but it revived me! I guess I just got lost along the way and started putting the kids first. I am sure this happens to everybody,you get in a rut new baby same old same old and I'm sure that is a lot of cause for divorce. Well I will try to not let that happen again. I love him so much and am so thankful for him. He is just a blessing everyday. I am so thankful God blessed me with him. He is always there to encourage, and not only be my husband but my friend. Thank you Lord truly for Doug. He is wrapping up his 8th golf season and was very busy this week. When is he not busy? God blessed me with a husband who is a faithful, diligent worker. I have been at home with the kids and really lonely. I could never do this job on my own. I take for granted how great it is to see his green truck pull in at 3:30 and Blase running out to greet him. He will scoop him up and I am usually done for the day! There is nothing better than to look out the window and see Doug playing in the sandbox with Blase. Holding Harrison while watering my flowers,and watching Blase ride his bike make my heart melt. I am so thankful for our special time together and Doug I know I don't say it enough, but I love you and am so encouraged everyday by you. You are amazing and I can't wait for our next date night..which will not be in another 12 months! I was thinking Monday. So with all of our alone time this week Base and I decided to make a spider cake. We have a Better Homes and Gardens Halloween book and I let Blase choose the cake. It was really a fun thing for us to do. Now the cake did not turn out to be like the magazine...I never said I was like Billie Stewart(the other Martha, or perhaps better than.) It was special to do something alone with Blase. He is going to choose another project today. We also decorated our yard which was fun. I like the more Harvesty decorations, but I do put up some other things. I found the scarecrow bows at Meijer and I put them on all my lights out front. We are only missing hay bales, pumpkins, and corn which we will get this weekend. We are supposed to go to Amon orchards. The Lord is so faithful to me because I am struggling this week with not being by family and just with mundane everyday life. I know not being able to be close to family is not everything, but to me it is. God has been showing me that he is near and that although this is a tough season he is my refuge and with me every step of the way. In the midst of constant correction, anger ,bitterness, sorrow joy love and laughter, he has always been faithful. I love all of you so much and hope you have a great weekend! If there are any spelling errors sorry. I am holding Harrison hunting and pecking and just being thankful for EVERDAY LIFE! I forgot to tell the strry of Blase and Harrison laughing. I was preparing dinner and I hear Blase laughing and Harrison squeling in delight. I look over and ask'"What is so Funny?" Blase says," Harrison is biting me momma and I like it!" "Let me see," and I am so glad he did! They were having a grand ol' time with Harrison sucking Blase's nose! IT was digustingly funny and I laughed so hard.





















































5 comments:

Jane said...

My Sweet Jess,
Thnaks for the post, and all the pics!
Oh to see Harry-Doo sucking Blasers nose is just to cute..
Thats sound just like something Blase would say he loves!lol
I love you and talk soon!
A.jane

Anonymous said...

Jess, the cake looks great! Don't sell yourself short. You are so talented! Especially with your photos and cake decorating! Continue to make special memories like that with Blaser. Before too long he will be grown and will move on to big boy stuff! :( Oh how I miss those times with Zay!
The kids are getting so BIG, especially Mr. Hairy-Do!! I can't believe how chubby he is!! :) He reminds me of Grandpa Tacia! His looks are changing. What a doll! I also love your decorations.Your house always looks so beautiful! The decorations are so fun! Anyway, so glad you and Doogie had a great date night. Make sure you keep that up. It's VERY IMPORTANT! Even if you don't have a sitter, spend alone time when the kids go to bed. Make a late dinner for the two of you, or even make p-corn and watch a movie. You are so blessed to have such a great hubby. We all love him. Make sure you are telling him always how grateful you are and giving him many thanks (XOXOXO)! :) I love you so much Sis. Talk to you soon!

Billie said...

I just love reading your blog. It really does make me feel like I am sitting there beside you on the couch chatting away. I wish I were. I second the "You have a great hubby" comment from Lil...Doug is a great husband and Dad. What a blessing. I can just imagine him pulling in your driveway all smiles (and cheeks) and grabbing Blase with such joy. And you amaze me girl...all your baking and home decorating. HAHA just had a thought..remember the time we decorated 921 and Brian's grandma came by and loved everything. I won't mention the decorations since I think someone in the family blessed (or cursed) you with them....hee hee. You're a great Mom and wife Jess or shy ---. Oh wait was it Freckles? Hee Hee I guess I am in a funny mood right now 'cause a million memories are coming to mind that I could tease you with. I love you tons and wish for sure that I was there to hug you and pass the days with you. You're a great friend to me and I am blessed to have you as my cousin. By the way...about the hair, I think you should keep it the way it is. I really like it. So, my vote is for no more change. I love you and can't wait to read another post from the Gap. family.
PS. one more memory (Sissy will enjoy this one too) Imagine YOU (Jess) in rush hour coming home from the beach...smiling at the car next to you...coming home and checking for neighbors looking...not knowing that your very sneaky roommate was hiding and watching your every move...HA HA you fill in the dots. Love you
PSS LIL-Miss you too. Where's your blog? Or your comments on my blog? I love you girl.

Anonymous said...

Hey aunt Jess it's me Isaiah you look nice. Blase how's school? Blase at school be a good example to kids and tell them about the Lord... I am not kidding. Love you and glad to see you at Christmas maybe we can play in the snow.

Love Isaiah

jess said...

Isaiah, Thank you for commenting on our blog! You are so precious to us and we love and miss you a lot. It is actually supposed to snow here tonight,so we may just have a White Christmas! Uncle Doug was just looking at snow tubes the other day. We will have fun sledding and riding the four wheeler. Last year the boys in the neighborhood called the tube "The Tubeof Death"! Yikes. Remember to obey your parents and we love you!